- I wish I could get my thoughts down faster. I’m too careful for that.
- I hope these two suitcases can hold everything I
need… ok, want for the next three months.
- I am getting better with my camera little by little. 🙂 (I will post a few shots from recent photo sessions with friends)
- I had a ridiculously sentimental weekend (well last two weekends really) traveling and visiting friends. I appreciate the friendships I have formed over distances even more than before. And I appreciate each breath that God gives me when I wake up each morning… especially after seeing a friend in the hospital Sunday after a close-call accident.
“The worst solitude is to be destitute of sincere friendship.” -Sir Francis Bacon
Panamá::Leaving in approximately 30 hours::
Things I am excited about for this trip:
- Visiting a new country. (duh)
- Spending time with the precious León family.
- Working with an orphanage and indigenous people groups.
- Bettering my Spanish.
- Meeting new friends.
- Getting a clearer vision from God for my future.
- Participating in a couple more medical mission trips.
- Half excited, half anxious
I know that to many people whom I know, three months in another country away from family and friends is a piece of cake. Then to others who have never left their parents’ house, it seems like a huge deal. I am somewhere in between and can almost say that I feel tranquil and indifferent about it. I have no reservations, I just feel like I am doing what I should be doing. I know it will be only the beginning of exciting things that are ahead. 🙂
“I got a gypsy’s soul to blame, and I was born for leaving.” -Zac Brown Band