So this is my last weekend here. It is full of video project work, making plans for my last day with the kids at the children’s home and a few outings with friends. I’m also finishing up another little project for Hogar Esperanza in Honduras.
Leaving here will be bittersweet but I am ready to get home for many reasons:
- Friends/family that I miss.
- Being able to get in my car and drive when I want to, where I want to on open roads free of traffic!! (where, for the most part, people don’t drive like idiots. if you don’t believe me, just spend a few days here.)
- Colder weather & the holidays. (& all the results of it: seasonal drinks at Starbucks, living room fires, winter clothing… the fact that I won’t sweat my makeup off after 10 minutes)
- The simple luxury of being able to use my cell phone for texts and calls again. COMMUNICATION. Being back in the loop.
- Cooking again… and not on a gas stove.
- Using a dryer for my clothes. (woohoo!)
- Zumba classes that I have missed. (that first one after 3 months of little exercise is going to kick my butt, I know)